Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Live wires ~

Over the years I've enjoyed trying to come up with ways to describe myself. I guess it's my brain trying to wrap itself around who I am and why I am like I am. Not a bad thing, and it's actually fun until I descend into the self-recrimination and negative self-talk and all that stuff, which I'm learning not to do.



I remember a question and a meme floating by in the great stream of information that asked, if you had to have a warning label on yourself, what would it say? My warning label has always been "Volatile when shaken".



If I don't know what's coming and I get shocked and surprised, you may get what you don't want. I may get what I don't want. The volatility goes way up. As I thought through that over the years, I kept going back to the image of a fallen power line.



A live wire laying in the middle of the road or on the side of the road. Lots and lots of energy there. But it doesn't look like it's doing hardly anything. But it's best to have someone handle it that knows what they're doing and understands that they may get shocked if they're not careful.



I tend to think of myself as a bundle of live wires. I bring a lot of energy, but I really don't look like it at times. And sometimes people are surprised when they tap into it.



Yeah. A bundle.



+++