Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Clean comedy is fun ~

My wife and I have enjoyed watching Drybar Comedy on YouTube for two or three years now. We've developed a habit of watching an episode or two of a series on a streaming service and then just before we go to bed, we'll switch over to YouTube and look at the latest drybar comedy offerings and pick something to watch.



Funny comedians. Good crowds. But it is funny how so many of the jokes end up talking about farts, or toilets, or that sort of thing.



But it's a lot of fun!



It's also funny watching comedians from outside of the clean comedy crowd go to Drybar Comedy and do a routine. Most of them do fine. Some talk about how they're not supposed to say certain words. One of the funniest ones like this was Adam Carolla,



And we did see Jeff Allen live near where we live. We've gone to a couple of clean comedy shows at churches near us. They were not even close to the caliber of Drybar Comedy, but they were still fun.



But it's funny after watching clean comedy for so long, watching "regular" comedy again. And when every punch line ends with or starts with the f-word or some other curse word, it's just not the same. We watched one show on YouTube that was not Drybar Comedy, and we actually turned it off because we didn't want all those words floating around in our living room. We're not prudes, but it just didn't seem as much fun to us that time.



We were on a cruise once, and one of the comedians had been on Drybar Comedy, and we had seen his bit. So we made the effort to go to one of his shows. We were disappointed that he was foul-mouthed and derogatory and negative instead of how he had been on Drybar Comedy.



I get it. It's hard to just tell stories and jokes and not fall into the pattern of everybody else.



Like I said, I'm no prude. I can let fly with some words that will curl your nostril hairs if I hit my thumb with a hammer or get hit by a car. But we really enjoy Drybar Comedy. One day we want to go out to Provo and see it live.



Check it out at

https://www.youtube.com/@DryBarComedy



+++